Membership and Support
Since 1924, the Society’s aim has been to protect and enhance the environmental wealth and cultural heritage of the county and city.
We are only able to carry out this work due to Member subscriptions and contributions from generous donors and trusts.
Join the Society
Suitable for Parish Councils, Educational establishments etc.
Benefits of being a Member:
- A regular series of social events including lectures and private tours not usually open to the public
- Quarterly City & County magazine which provides updates on Society activity, latest campaigns, news from the Committees, forthcoming events, book reviews and more.
Your Subscription supports our work, which includes:
- General Planning issues - Rigorous scrutiny of urban and rural Planning Applications via our Tyneside & County Committees
- Projects & Campaigns - including informed policy responses to major planning issues such as renewable energy in Northumberland
- Raising awareness of Heritage
- Supporting and maintaining links to other heritage organisations
What to do next
Please complete and return the Application form, Direct Debit mandate and the optional Gift Aid declaration to the Jesmond office.
Businesses can also advertise in our Member’s Journal, City & County. Adverts provide excellent reach to the region, and help us to reduce the cost of the journal’s production. Contact the office to ask about rates.
The Administrator, Northumberland & Newcastle Society, Jesmond Methodist Church, St George Terrace, Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 2DL firstname.lastname@example.org
0191 281 6266